If you’re like the majority of consumers you do not give too much thought to the parts of a refrigerator unless it breaks down, or unless it comes time to buy a new one. To ensure you get the most out of this important appliance it can be extremely useful to understand exactly how it keeps food cool—and Rapid Rockford Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read below to learn what you might need to understand about how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is the time to hire refrigerator repair Rockford.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t many homes that don’t feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a standard kitchen appliance for several years now. A refrigerator stores your food and drinks at the optimal temperature, to prevent rotting and slow down the growth of bacteria. The concept of refrigeration works by distributing the heat from the interior of the unit to the exterior, relying on the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The primary parts of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Rapid Rockford Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is a combination of a motor and pump, and it’s responsible for circulation of refrigerant throughout the system.
A compressor is an integral part of a refrigerator. You should call a professional service if the compressor is broken.
The condenser is attached on the back outside panel of the appliance and helps to emit the warmth built-up from within the refrigerator out into the surrounding air.
The refrigerator evaporator is located in the inside of the refrigerator where it absorbs warmth contained within it, effectively lowering the temperature inside the unit.
Once the evaporator isn’t working, it’s time to call a professional. Do not wait until it’s too late.
Liquid refrigerant is transferred through a capillary tube that serves as an expansion device to cool the gas, turning the gas into liquid.
The thermostat helps regulate the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator, engaging a new cooling period as it is needed.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to problems. Troubleshoot and hire a contractor in Rockford for repair the moment an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. When the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator is higher than the set point sensors notify the compressor to engage, and the next cool down begins. The appliance draws in the cold liquified refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses it, and increases the temperature, so it can turn into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit guides the heated gas in the direction of the condenser coils located on the outside of the refrigerator, at which point it comes into contact with warmer air temperature in the home and reverts to a liquified state.
3. The cool refrigerant continues its journey to the refrigerator evaporator, traveling through the many coils on the inside of the refrigerator and top freezer.
4. The liquid absorbs the hot air from within the appliance, cooling the temperature until it has reached the correct set point.
5. The liquid then evaporates, and turns back into a gas, and then returns to the compressor in order to continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is found in many applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By contracting warmth from a single area and transferring it to elsewhere the continuous cycle of refrigeration will help cooling your home, provides a optimal environment for perishable food, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of many different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require professional attention? Time to schedule an appointment with Rapid Rockford Appliance Repair.
Rapid Rockford Appliance Repair can repair nearly all major models of refrigerators – that includes restaurant models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our service technicians in Rockford undergo training to fix issues with cooling, malfunctioning ice makers, condensation problems, puddles and leaks, light bulbs, touch panels, smart functionality and numerous other malfunctions. We know all about refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working